This live, online training course with live instructors consists of 8 classes, Tuesday through Friday for two weeks.
GibbsCAM 4 & 5 Axis Machining- Live Online
We show how to harness the power of GibbsCAM. Showing how to generate productive machining strategies while adopting best practice skills is what our training is all about. Proven curriculum will be presented by exceptional instructors. The live online environment allows students to ask questions which will be addressed quickly and clearly. With no travel requirements, participants can literally be anywhere, at work or perhaps in the comfort of their own home. Temporary GibbsCAM licenses will be provided at no extra cost. CAM training is known to be a great investment. The benefits will begin immediately and continue well after the course has paid for itself.
The GibbsCAM Advanced Concepts Course or equivalent knowledge of GibbsCAM is required.
- 2 monitors are recommended. One to run GibbsCAM, the other to display the instructor’s screen.
- Note: the system we use does not have a dial-in option. Speakers and a microphone or headphones with a microphone will be required.
- High-speed internet connection
- Windows 10 (with all available Windows updates)
- Intel: Core i9, i7, or i5 with four or more cores or AMD: Ryzen or Threadripper
- 8GB RAM
- A quality Nvidia or AMD (ATI) 3D accelerated video card with the latest drivers installed
- 1GB of available hard drive space (for virtual memory usage and temporary file storage)
- Send setup related questions to email@example.com
A 30-day GibbsCAM timed license will be provided.
Topics Covered Include
- Understand the Surface strategies for full 5 axis simultaneous machining.
- Lock one or two rotary axis for effective 3 or 4 axis machining.
- Master the Tool Axis Control tab to add lead/tilt angles on the tool for better material removal.
- Add Gouge checking to your strategies to adjust the toolpath to avoid collisions.
- Understand the Links tab for controlling important components of the toolpath.
- Program 5 axis toolpaths using tapered barrel/conical tools.
- Drill holes at multiple angles easily using 5AS drilling and the Hole Manager.
- Use 4AS roughing strategies. Compare it with Rotary Rough and VoluMill wireframe.
- Side mill features using Swarf milling.
- Simplify edge breaking using the 5-axis deburring strategy. It works well in 3 and 4 axis too.
- Use Multi-axis Machining to rough with Adaptive machining ability.
- Rough and finish a port feature using the Porting strategy.
- Create toolpaths using Geodesic Machining, Triangle Mesh, Wireframe and others.
- Control the feed rates within an operation in the Utility tab using feed zones.
- Optimize machining tolerances to create precise and efficient toolpaths.
- Use the GeoEdit tools for editing bspline geometry.
- Use Surface and Solid modelling to modify models for easier machining.
GibbsCAM 4 & 5 Axis Machining
May 9-19, 2023
3 hours per day, 12 pm -3 pm