This live, online training course with live instructors consists of 8 classes, Tuesday through Friday for two weeks.
GibbsCAM Advanced Concepts- Live Online
We show how to harness the power of GibbsCAM. Showing how to generate productive machining strategies while adopting best practice skills is what our training is all about. Proven curriculum will be presented by exceptional instructors. The live online environment allows students to ask questions which will be addressed quickly and clearly. With no travel requirements participants can literally be anywhere, at work or perhaps in the comfort of their own home. Temporary GibbsCAM licenses will be provided at no extra cost. CAM training is known to be a great investment. The benefits will begin immediately and continue well after the course has paid for itself.
This course will explore GibbsCAM powerful capabilities for working with solid models, such as SolidWorks parts. Also includes coordinate system control for use in positional 4th and 5th axis machining. The GibbsCAM Essentials Course or experience and knowledge of basic GibbsCAM is required.
If the Essentials course was not taken before by the participant, then equivalency can quickly be determined during a short call with an instructor. Send an email to email@example.com to setup a time for a call.
- 2 monitors are recommended. One to run GibbsCAM, the other to display the instructor’s screen.
- Note: the system we use does not have a dial-in option. Speakers and a microphone or headphones with a microphone will be required.
- High-speed Internet Connection
- Windows 10 (with all available Windows updates)
- Intel: Core i9, i7, or i5 with four or more cores or AMD: Ryzen or Threadripper
- 8GB RAM
- A quality Nvidia or AMD (ATI) 3D accelerated video card with the latest drivers installed
- 1GB of available hard drive space (for virtual memory usage and temporary file storage)
- Send setup related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
A 30-day GibbsCAM timed license will be provided.
Topics Covered Include
- Advanced Coordinate Systems
- 2.5D Solids
- Solid Modelling
- 2.5D Machining
- Mill-turn Solid/MTM Setup
- Feature manager
- Hole Manager
- Solids Plugins
- 3D Solids
- Solid Modelling
- 3D/Advanced 3D Machining
- Plunge Roughing
- Surface Creation/Modification
- Customize GibbsCAM Interface
- VoluMill Solids
- Tool Libraries
- Machine Simulation
- Introduction to 5 Axis Machining
- 4 Axis Off Center Machining
- Facet Bodies/STL Files
- Custom Stock
GibbsCAM Advanced Concepts
March 21- March 31, 2023
3 hours per day, 12 pm -3 pm